Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Village by the sea-Biju

My role:
I am Biju. I am the richest fisherman in Thul. I am the first fisherman in Thul to buy a motorized boat with a deep freeze installed to it. I am also the first person in Thul to own a television set. My fellow friends all hated me but I also have helped them in one way or another.

How I helped the fishermen:
It was in the monsoon season. I was as usual, sitting in the comfortable sofa in my home, reading books. Suddenly, I looked out of the window and saw a few fishermen on their boats, preparing to go to sea. I know that things had been harsh for many fishermen as they could not fish during the monsoon season and had to eat lesser and lesser. So, some decided to go out to sea to fish for food. I know that their fishing boats would be broken easily in the sea during the monsoon. So, I went out to persuade them to stop doing this. But they were stubborn and refused to listen to me. Later at night, there was a big storm. It lasted for many days! I became more and more worried about the fishermen’s whereabouts. So, when I heard that there was a search party in Alibagh, I volunteered and found the “fishing fleet” using my “advanced boat”. Three of the fishermen had drowned!

My reflection:
I think that those fishermen should listen to my advice. The whole world is changing and we have to keep up with it. The fishermen should save enough money and buy boats like mine in the future instead of those “traditional” sail boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment